Starting as an experienced professional in software development
Shaping the future as a software developer
You can already look back on several years in software development and are enthusiastic about Java Tech Stack, data analytics or financial mathematics? Then let’s exchange ideas about a joint professional perspective and a career at zeb.
"Ich durfte mich immer weiterentwickeln, wurde aber nie in eine Rolle gedrängt, die ich nicht wollte."
- Vanessa, Manager
What we offer
Your onboarding at zeb usually starts off with a highlight: the introductory “zeb.start” week in Münster, where you will get to know the other newcomers and the company. In various formats, we introduce you to the departments and work tools so that you are well prepared for your everyday life as a Consultant. The focus of the start week is on expanding your skills. You can expect training sessions and case studies in which you will gain valuable insights from experienced colleagues and challenge yourself.
You will also receive your equipment so that you are ready to go (company notebook, mobile phone, etc.).
Your first “real” working day starts with getting to know your team and all colleagues in our practice group “Software Solutions”. Your mentor, who we refer to as a “Career Development Counselor” (CDC), will welcome you and introduce you to your teammates. You will gain extensive insights into our world of software development and be able to familiarize yourself with the tools, methods and procedures.
You will then start directly with your colleagues on the project where you will be supported by experienced team members at all times. As a software developer you will mainly work on existing or new projects related to zeb.control. Even if you work for banks, insurance companies or other financial service providers, traveling for work is rare, but when you do, it is always exciting and educational—we try to take personal interests into account here too.
For your commitment, you will receive a performance-related salary consisting of a fixed and a variable part as well as 28 days of vacation per year in Germany. At our other European locations the conditions may differ.
Within the field of software development we offer you a wide range of topics.
Java Tech Stack:
- Java, web and cloud technologies for solutions in the financial services sector
- Exchange of ideas with clients and colleagues on new technological innovations and the promotion of continuous education
- Development of our software zeb.control using established methods and tools from the fields of DevOps, cloud and agile software development
- Own BI development projects, exciting and complex use cases
- Use of current data science tools such as Spark, Hadoop, ML
- Data modeling as well as reports and dashboards for our clients
- Calculation engines at the interface to the client
- Challenging and exciting application of quantitative financial mathematical methods at the core of our zeb.control product family
- Solving challenges in the financial industry and translating them into specialist applications
True to our guiding principle “stay and grow”, we enable our software developers to actively continue their education. You can choose from our in-house seminars, but also suggest options from external training providers. For example, we regularly attend conferences such as OOP—the software architecture conference.
Together we will find the further training opportunities that suit you best.
Our in-house seminars especially for developers:
- Introduction to relational databases (Oracle basics)
- Database expert (builds on the introduction to relational databases, SQL and PL/SQL, Oracle, performance tuning)
- Visual Basic for Applications—Excel
- zeb.control basic
- zeb.control MIS advanced
- zeb.control.data.management advanced
In addition, you can obtain certifications in SCRUM, AWS and selected other areas and attend other internal seminars for all employees.
Of course, software development should not be all work and no play. Take advantage of the opportunity to mix and mingle with colleagues. Take part in events, experience our corporate culture during the Christmas party and the company-wide networking days at zeb.Uni or use our inviting office spaces for a beer after work or a foosball match! Find out what other benefits you can expect here.
What we expect
We are looking for experienced professionals who are passionate about software development, love innovation, like to try new things and inspire others through their actions.
- You are team-oriented, reliable and inspire others with your agile way of working.
- You think strategically and act responsibly in implementing your strategies.
- You enjoy questioning the status quo as a team.
- Several years of experience with modeling techniques, methods and tools of software development.
- Successfully completed degree in (business) mathematics, (business) informatics, physics, natural sciences or related fields of study.
- You are fluent in English, ideally German and the respective national language.
What was your application process like?
In a first interview at a career fair, I gained a first impression of zeb as a very interesting company. This was followed by a classic application process: I submitted a full application, successfully completed the personal interviews and finally decided to join zeb.
What was the most exciting task and why?
Starting new software projects for clients or zeb products is always one of the most exciting project phases of my job. In a new environment, known and new factors need to be combined into an adequate overall concept.
What do you like most about your job as an IT Developer?
In my role as a product expert for zeb.control.financial, I can act as an interface between our clients and our development team and thus incorporate improvement potentials into the software.
What surprised you most about zeb?
From an external perspective, I would never have imagined just how many technical topics and specialist fields zeb has to offer. In fact, zeb has a very high level of technical expertise in addition to its specialist business knowledge. Along with developing long-lasting software as a product, zeb allows you to experience and participate in shaping current cloud topics and to work on ever-changing tasks in the project business.
What do you like most about your job?
I am given free rein to try out very many tasks and roles. It is fun to discuss problems and possible solutions with other (also external) colleagues and clients and to experience how this results in a better system.
What was the most exciting task and why?
The most exciting task so far has certainly been to design a completely new data processing strategy and a corresponding process for the software component zeb.control.accounting and to accompany the (further) development within the scope of software development, roll-out and productive operation at various clients over several years.
Do you want to know more? Take a look at the following pages and get to know us even better.