Integrated degree program—Business informatics
Launch into your professional future
Do you find the interplay of business and information technology exciting? The combination of studying and practical experience is exactly the right balance for you? Then our integrated degree program in business informatics is exactly what you are looking for. You will study part-time in the integrated system on two fixed days a week and work on current IT projects together with our team on the other three days. Sounds exciting? It is.
What we offer
In total, your integrated degree program will last 3.5 years, and you will study part-time on two fixed days a week. Your team will support you over the full period. In particular, your CDC has an eye on your career, plans your project assignments and is selected by us from the experienced workforce. Your mentor, on the other hand, is another integrated degree student who is further along in their studies and will support you in the early stages of your degree and help you to find your feet.
With the start of your integrated degree program at the FOM University of Applied Sciences in Münster, you will immerse yourself in the “zeb basic training” in the first year and become familiar with our zeb.control software, IT consulting and banking.
In the second year you will get to know IT projects from the first strategic idea to conceptual design, testing and implementation at the client’s site. At zeb, all of these topics are part of the umbrella term IT consulting. If you would like to spend a semester abroad at a partner university during your studies, this is also possible in the second year.
In the third year, you will then devote yourself to your chosen specialization, so that the modules in your studies, but also the projects on which you are deployed, correspond to your specialization. You will complete your studies in the 7th semester with your Bachelor’s thesis, for which you can count on our professional support.
We offer an integrated work-study program that leads to a Bachelor’s degree in Business Information Technology with the option to specialize either in software development or in IT consulting. Essentially, both job profiles are very similar, requiring the same level of technical and specialist skill and a professional attitude. The following overview is designed to help you choose between the two specialist areas:
- Your role:
- You develop standard solutions that can easily be used by many of our clients. To some extent, you are involved in developing customized software solutions for specific clients.
- From the office, you support the smooth implementation of standard solutions at the client’s by contributing your know-how.
- Depending on interest, approval, and need, you occasionally assist in client projects on their premises.
- Most of the time, you work in a familiar team.
- This role is perfect for you, if you:
- like the challenge of tackling common client problems by developing standard software solutions that can be applied universally.
- are happy to work from the same office every day.
- prefer slightly more casual clothes and a work environment where people interact in a relaxed, but responsible manner.
- enjoy tricky technical problems and can’t rest before you have found solutions to them by using new technologies and programming languages.
IT consulting with a focus on software implementation
- Your job:
- You support our clients in solving specific problems.
- You offer assistance in the implementation and parameterization of the standard software in the client’s digital ecosystem.
- You are part of the implementation project team made up of zeb staff and our clients.
- You work closely with our clients and therefore normally spend about three or four days a week on the client’s premises.
- This job is perfect for you, if you:
- like the challenge of continuously adapting to and communicating with new clients and developing tailored solutions for them.
- enjoy being on the road and like a regular change of scenery.
In return for your commitment we offer you 28 days of annual leave. In addition, we support your integrated degree program financially by paying the tuition fees.
What we expect
We are looking for young talents who have very good grades at school, are enthusiastic about IT topics and programming languages and have the courage to start the next chapter of their professional future.
- First programming experience from a school or private environment is beneficial, but not essential.
- You want to learn more about how business studies, software and IT interact in relation to banking.
- You are looking for your own exciting tasks, responsibility and an academic perspective.
- You are team-oriented and curious.
- A school-leaving certificate (in Germany: Abitur or Fachabitur) and an enjoyment of mathematics, computer science, physics or similar subjects.
- You have excellent command of German and English.
Do you want to know more? Take a look at the following pages and get to know us even better.